Welcome to my Blog!

Greetings and welcome to my page. My name is Rebbecca, I am a mom of two and a preschool teacher in southwestern Virginia. I have had the blessing of working in a Reggio Emilia inspired center for nearly 10 years, with the Greenies (my students) for 7 of the last 10 years. Our emergent curriculum and play based learning approach has changed the way I think about working with children. I am looking forward to sharing my inspirations, reflections and stories with you. So glad you're here!

“If you are a dreamer,come in. If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar, a hoper, a prayer, a magic-bean-buyer. If you're a pretender, come sit by my fire, for we have some flax-golden tales to spin. Come in! Come in!” Shel Silverstein


Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Process Art

One of the things I appreciate most about using inspirations from Reggio Emelia is the opportunities to truly appreciate the process of creating art with children. Wiki, what do you have to say about process art?

"Process art is a creative sentiment and view where the end product of art and craft is not the principal focus. The 'process' in process art refers to the process of the formation of art: the gathering, sorting, collating, associating, and patterning. Process art is concerned with the actual doing; seeing the art as pure human expression. Process art often entails an inherent motivation, rationale, and intentionality. Therefore, art is viewed as a creative journey or process, rather than as a deliverable or end product."

Why, thank you Wiki. Yes, it's about the journey, enjoying being in the moment of the art process, not necessarily thinking about what it will become. What can I do with this pipe cleaner? What would happen if I pour the blue into the red paint? What if I used a tooth brush instead of a paint brush?

I have come across a TON of art processes I would love to try someday with the kids and a few that I have. Here is one that I loved:

Fly Swatter Painting from Teacher Tom: http://teachertomsblog.blogspot.com/2010/04/fly-swatter-painting.html

A few I want to try:

Tall Painting (seriously, watch this, you will NOT be dissapointed!) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6egUsZvWu4

And of course this beauty below (my auction art idea, nobody steal!) Melted crayon rainbow!





Have fun, get wild. It's not the product, it's the process... the journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers